Winter Toledo City Tour & Winery Experience with Wine Tasting from Madrid
Leave Madrid heading toward the beautiful Imperial city of Toledo, declared a World Heritage by UNESCO, one of the oldest cities in Europe with buildings that mix architectural styles including Arabic, Gothic, Mudejar, Renaissance and Baroque. It is also called the "city of the three cultures" since Christians, Muslims and Jews lived together here. The great painter El Greco lived in Toledo in the sixteenth century. Immerse yourself with your official expert guide and enter the heart of Toledo, visit the Jewish Quarter and the area of the convents, with stories and legends that will trace back to the centuries before the Muslim conquest. Discover the most emblematic places of the city, its history, its corners and anecdotes, and its main monuments such as the Cathedral of Toledo, whose architecture is a wonderful example of the Spanish Gothic style.
Then you will head out to one of the best-known lands in the province of Toledo to visit a vineyard. The beautiful landscape takes you back to the Roman period as the "Vía XXV Augustobrigam-Caesarobrigam-Toletum" goes across its land. Arriving at the prestigious vineyard with its 200-year-old unique setting, you will have an oenotourisme guided tour experience in the cellars, where you will learn about the elaboration, aging and stabilizing processes of estate wines and will have a fine selection of 4 wine tastings led by an expert oenologist. You will then visit the vineyards which are the key factor for the splendid quality of this wine production, because of its fertile and calcareous clay soil, in which great vineyards are proved to have existed since the 11th century.
At the end of your tour, you will return to the center of Madrid in a comfortable Luxury Mercedes Van where your guide will be able to recommend things to do during the rest of your stay.
Please Note: This tour requires a minimum of 2 total participants to operate. If the minimum number of persons is not met for the date and time of your reservation, you will be contacted to discuss alternatives.
Rates - including tax
Tour / Activity Details
Please Note: Check-in time is 15 minutes prior to departure.
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Minimum age to taste wine is 18. Hotel pick-up not included; the easy-to-find meeting location will be specified on your E-Ticket. Rates are per-person in U.S. Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.
There is a $6.95 USD processing fee per order. This is a flat fee regardless of the number of tickets or tours purchased on an order. There is a service charge per ticket. This charge will be reflected on your summary before you checkout. The total shown at checkout includes any fuel surcharges, service charges and tax. There are no additional charges, unless otherwise specified.
Tour / Activity Policies
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds. All sales are final.
Change Fee Policy: If changes are allowed on a tour or activity, a $20.00 per reservation change fee will be applied for any change to a reservation. Please note that some tours and activities do not allow any changes. Date changes can only be made only if we can confirm availability on the new date. While we cannot guarantee any changes can be made, all change requests must be submitted a minimum of 24 hours prior to the tour departure and must be handled on an individual basis through our Reservations Center.
Tour / Activity Description
COVID-19 Protocols Updates
- Busy areas are frequently disinfected
- Guides must wash their hands frequently
- Sanitizing hand gel available for guests and staff
- Transport vehicles and other equipment are disinfected regularly
- Social distancing will be implemented during the tour
- Staff temperature is checked frequently
- The use of face masks in public areas is mandatory in accordance with Spanish government regulations
- Contactless payment of tips is available
- Staff showing symptoms will be required to stay at home
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 total participants to operate. If the minimum number of persons is not met for the date and time of your reservation, you will be contacted to discuss alternatives.
- This tour is subject to cancellation or rescheduling due to inclement weather.
- Tours may be affected by special or unusual circumstances.
- Visit Toledo, the Imperial City
- Visit a winery from the 18th Century
- Taste 4 selected wines
- Explore the vineyards and learm about their culture
- Private luxury van transportation for relaxing travel
- Hotel pick-up
- Food or beverages not noted as included
- Optional guide gratuities
- Minimum age to taste wine in Spain is 18
- Premium small group tour - maximum of 15 persons per tour
9:00 am-10:00 am - Welcome by your Official Expert Guide and drive to Toledo
10:00 am-11:45 am - Toledo walking tour inside the neighborhoods of the old town and Jewish quarter
11:45 am-12:30 pm - Free time for exploring Toledo by yourself or lunch on your own
12:30 pm-12:45 pm - Reunite with your guide at a pre-set meeting point and depart to the winery
12:45 pm-2:45 pm - Arrive at the winery, winery tour, vineyards tour, wine tasting
2:45 pm-3:45 pm - Return to Madrid, finishing at San Miguel's Plaza
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Hotel pick-up not included; the easy-to-find meeting location will be specified on your E-Ticket. Rates are per-person in U.S. Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.